Political Status: N/A
I am a Community Women’s Leader and an activist on women;s rights and gender equality in Papua New Guinea. I have been advocating for more than 30 years with NGOs and Women’s Organizations (National Council of Women) and Church as an Advisory Committee for ELC-PNG Lutheran Women’s Representative.
Areas of common concerns are:
- Health – Women’s reproductive rights
- Land and environment issues
- Poverty alleviation
- Sustainable economic development and gender qualities
- Educational awareness on violence against women (CEDAW)
- Committee to the “22 Reserve Seats and Human Rights”
- Participation on the Committee to produce the PNG Shadow Report on CEDAW
- Participation on the Committee towards the Women’s Reserve Seats 22 before Parliament for the final reading.
- With the training attained up to present, it enhances my skills to participate collectively and meaningfully to improve the livelihoods of people and developments that will impact the communities.
* * *
If you would like more information about Kem Hesingut please contact PacWIP
Ph: +679 330 0399 I Fax: +679 330 1976 I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org